Wednesday, January 4, 2012

alone time.

Due to the glamorous nature of the boyfriend's job at FOX Sports, I am on my own until the weekend while he gets to travel to Texas and help cover the Cotton Bowl. (Yeah, I sometimes wonder how his life is real, too.)  This means that I am on my own for a few days, which I have mixed feelings about.

Pro: I get to stay up watching White Collar instead of Sports Center (Which I still like! Just not as much as I like watching Matt Bomer being debonair and charming... unless Aaron Rodgers is on Sports Center. But I digress.)

Con: I am almost completely caught up on the gloriousness of White Collar, which means that after one more episode I have to wait to watch it live. Life is rough.

Pro: No need to wake up extra early in the morning so we are both ready in time for work.

Con: No one else is here to help wash dishes.  I really don't like washing dishes, but I like cooking and dirtying a lot of them, which poses a problem.

Pro: The Cotton Bowl (or should I say the AT&T Cotton Bowl) apparently has a lot of money, so media people get sweet gifts, like super legit watches. I am vicariously living through the boyfriend because free and/or unexpected gifts are one of my favorite things in the world.

Con: The gifts are not ACTUALLY for me, as much as I wish they were.

Pro: I have an excuse to buy myself things to make up for the fact that I'm not gallivanting around doing exciting things. (today I bought these, my first ever J.Crew pants, and they are glorious.)

Con: I have to pay for aforementioned things myself.

I could have kept that schtick up for much, much longer, but I'm sure I've made my point.  

In other news, I also learned that GAP is currently selling nail polish, so I will need to exercise hitherto unknown of self control to prevent myself from buying it ALL THE TIME.  The 50% employee discount for being a Banana Republic employee is both a blessing and a curse.  Again, life is rough.

I'll also be teaching the MCAT for Kaplan again soon!  This is my most challenging task, so I'm sure it will be mentioned here often.  It is still crazy to me that a little over a year ago I was studying to TAKE this exam, and now I have been given the chance to teach others how to do it.  If I help my students a quarter of the amount my Kaplan teacher helped me, I will be more than happy.

And finally, I am starting to get rolling on my new job in the UCLA Health System as an Administrative Care Partner, which is just a fancy word for a secretarial aide for the nurses in a given section of the hospital.  UCLA has a lot of really intense paperwork and training, but I know it'll be worth it because I'll actually be getting to work in hospitals!! Also, the training is paid, which is awesome.

These first few posts are probably going to feel very disjointed because I haven't yet decided how I am going to organize this thing, if at all.  Also, I can't decide if I should address anything to or entertain an audience or not.  Maybe I'll do life-update posts on certain days and more introspective posts when I actually think about the composition of what I'm writing on others.  If any of the 3 people who are reading this have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

For those of you who made it this far, a few of my favorite things:


half Asian babies. (I was only going to post a picture, but I found the accompanying text hilarious so I included that as well.  Geneticsssssss.)

and... husky puppies.

2 comments: